Monday, August 2, 2010

Lesson #1 - Admitting you may have a problem

So not unlike many other people in there 20's and maybe 30's I like to spend money that I don't have. I never fully learned budgeting. Don't get me wrong I have held a job and worked pretty much ever since I was 14 so I've been working for around 12 years. Damn and yet still I like many others have debt. My main goal for the next year is to become more financially stable. With the support of my parents my expenses will pretty much consist of my car payment (approximately $227.74), my car insurance (roughly $72 a month) and my credit card payment. Alright now here is the nitty gritty I owe approximately $3000 on my current credit card. I also need to pay my parents back for old credit card debt dating back to High School. Reason #412 why you should not just give your high school student a credit card. At least with out explaining the importance of only spending what you can actually afford. This has been a hard lesson to learn but I have faith that I can turn things around for myself and become a better person in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment