Alright so have officially entered into week 4, on my second job attempt. Which is much better than the first attempt, minus the fact that I'm not working a full forty hour work week so therefore the ole' pay check ain't quite as sweet as I wish it was. Bonus! I do get tips, granted they aren't super huge but any little bit helps at this point. I think the hardest issue that I'm dealing with is not buying anything and/or breaking that "I need to buy things" mentality. I mean it's not like I'm going back to school, so I don't need new shoes, new pencils and the must have new lunch pail. Honestly I really don't have any needs. I gots pants to cover my a...argh bum and I got shoes for my feet so I can't really complain too much. Also the fact that the good old state of New York taxes you on every material good you can imagine keeps my credit card in my wallet. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to report lots of savings.
Onto matters of the mind. I recently eagerly went to see Eat, Pray, Love the movie after finally reading it this past April. I have to say I was quite disappointed. Not in Julia Roberts, she always is good well for the most part her crying in Steel Magnolias wanted to make me rip my eyeballs out but anyway. I just thought that the movie didn't do the book justice. Which I suppose is a hard task, this book has become a sort of bible for 20 something females all over the place and to bring that to life would be quite difficult. I just felt like it left something lacking. I mean this book made me re-evaluate things and want to go on a journey of self discovery not unlike Liz Gilbert. Now don't get me wrong there were parts that I did enjoy. I liked the analysis of eating the pizza in Napoli and how Liz askes Sophie, if in all her years of sleeping with men had any asked her to leave once her clothes were off. Obviously the answer was no. This I thought was worth mentioning since as a society we put way too much emphasis on how we look and all the things that we see as wrong with ourselves when we should instead celebrate all our curves. Granted this is always much easier to say than practice but then again these are just my meandering thoughts which doesn't mean too much.
Alright that is enough for now, peace out sauerkraut.
No comments:
Post a Comment